Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

Here's wishing everyone a Happy Groundhog Day!

Nothing new to report, except that I am feeling so much better lately, and want to apologize for my whininess and complainy-bird attitude over the past 2 months! I'm taking the honorable and truthful way out and revealing my secret...it was the medicines that I was on! I'm not normally so down, but I realize that one particular medicine that I'm on has been particularly crazy-making. I'm hoping to reduce it this week pending the doctor's authorization - one woman that we met on the cruise warned me about this medicine and said that she ended up in a mental institution as a result of it. I was overruled by my medical team when I asked to go on something else, but whatever.

I just finished a great book - 'The Day the Rain Came" by Rosamunde Pilcher. It's a great comfort read. The other book that I would recommend for you historical mystery buffs is "A Poisoned Season" by Tasha Alexander. Both are absolutely fantastic!

Other than that, same old stuff. I've been industrious with the wii fit and physical therapy, and get stronger every day, knock on wood!

Please keep your comments coming - it lets me known that someone besides my mom reads this thing!

Bye,
Amy

1 comment:

Laura Essendine said...

Rosamunde Pilcher is a great comfort read, as if Maeve Binchy - I don't know if you've come across her. Brits in a similar vein are Judith Lennox and Penny Vincenzi who both write stories you can lose yourself in.

(Just to reassure you that someone other than your mother is reading this!)

Laura Essendine
Author – The Accidental Guru
The Accidental Guru Blog
The Books Limited Blog

Los Cabos

Los Cabos
Los Cabos