Sunday, December 7, 2008

Phones - are there too many out there?

Not to jump around too much subject-wise, but which phones are you gadget junkies salivating over right now - the bberry storm or bold? Or are you still ecstatic with your iphones?

I have a 3 year old gorgeous phone that I had been loathe to give up for years. This thing was in my color and had everything I needed and kept me from feeling too 'accessible' to work and home. Now I feel ready to get a phone that offers more features to choose from and I'm not so concerned about it being in my favorite color - I can tell this is going to be another tmi post! Oh well, my friends all know and love me well for my eccentricities.

How much of your phone is just about it being a means to contact people and keep pieces of data handy, and how much of it is about the image that one projects to others? I have struggled with this concept for years, and worry that I am moving from function to form, which is not the direction that I want to be moving in. Of course my current phone is bright cherry red - maybe a little more function and form are called for here?

The other feature that I desperately need improved functionality on is my current speaker phone. The one I currently use is mono only, which is a no-no if you are against headsets, as I am. So much to choose from - there are just too many options out there! And how long is the latest gadget the very latest thing anyway - a week if you're lucky?

Update as of 12/09 - based on mollywood's review of the latest blackberrys, I'm once again leaning toward the Bold: http://www.wowowow.com/post/mollywood-new-blackberry-storm-iphone-smart-phone-146277. Now I just need to make sure that it is available at Sprint..

Tata for now,
A

2 comments:

ratmammy said...

i love my phone and i won't give it up. it's older, but i don't care. it's not image i'm looking for, but practicality. and i don't need it BUT as a phone. i have a separate camera and video camera....

Amy said...

Which phone do you currently use - is it more than 2 years old? Mine is 3 years old now and therefore eligible for the free upgrade. My fingers are itching for either the newest blackberry, as I mentioned in this post, or the curve. I'm going to do a touch test this weekend to decide. Would love feedback on which brand has inspired such loyalty in you :)

Los Cabos

Los Cabos
Los Cabos