Wednesday, December 10, 2008

TMI - its where we live!

OK, next question. Where is the divide drawn in a blog between 'what you do' and 'what you are'? I've been reading up on the perils of putting too much of yourself out there in a blog when the focus should be on marketing oneself as an authority in your career field of choice. This is a huge question that I am struggling with right now, as my family live in a country called TMI. It's a way-of-life for us, one of that I struggle to get a handle on with age and maturity of course.

Where do you draw the line? I have read up on this very struggle by Penelope Trunk and my other favorite bloggers, and hope to learn from their experiences on this journey.

The other issue that I stuggle with is to whom this blog is made accessible. I have removed the link on my facebook page until I figure this out. Something inherently more comfortable about virtual strangers knowing your innermost business :)

And yet another issue that comes up for me as to organize the layout and plans for my personal forum - image. It's not something that I've ever really concerned myself with, and as a result, I never really managed my personal image well. This falls in line with the question of TMI and oversharing.

I hate the idea of talking strictly about professional and not personal interests. My bent is toward the latter - I would much rather go through my personal struggles over the past 20+ plus years. I know that I could help others with what I have to share, but I first need to prep myself internally for the information being out there. Bear with me - I realize that this is all very theoretical when laid out like this and not very entertaining, but I will come to a decision and move forward with it soon - that I promise you!

Until later,
A

No comments:

Los Cabos

Los Cabos
Los Cabos