Sunday, December 21, 2008

Today is way better

I was having a reaallllly bad day yesterday, and I think my last post reflects the state of mind that I was in at the time. It's a little fast for another post, but I couldn't leave that last one of the most current image in anyone's mind. My one saving grace through this experience has been positive and forward thinking, and I want it back as soon as possible!

I'm sure that this next few months of recovery will take me through many ups and downs. I'd like to think that last night was the worst of it, although it eventually just needed an over the counter med to take effect. It can always get worse, so I want to treasure every positive moment that I experience through this.

Now that I've covered a bit of the sadness in my life, let's cover some of the not-so-sad parts. Until recently, I worked professionally with a Microsoft software called Navision. I managed a help desk and trained users on Navision. The next step on my career path is to become an implementer, so I plan to use this free time to obtain further certifications on the Navision front. I'm a bit rusty right now, but I do plan to get back into the program soon. I'm not sure whether that is next month or a few months from now, but I realize now that my mind can't decide when the healing happens - the body will, and I must be patient. This is one valuable quality that I can improve in myself patience with nature and letting things happen as they will. At some point you just have to trust that things will work out for the best, do your part when possible. and then let them.

Boring post, I know. Navision is quite interesting to those that work with it, but it sounds quite dry when described professionally. It is an enterprise resource planning software that encompasses all the activities and transactions that can occur within a small-to-medium-sized organization. I have obtained my Navision certifications in Financials and Trade 5. Next steps are certifications in Manufacturing and Warehouse Management.

So what else? It's just a lazy Sunday around here. We have the christmas tree up and are eagerly awaiting my husband and my sister and her husband - they all get into town this week. I haven't done a thing in the way of Christmas presents - I'm hoping my parents can just cover me this year for the most part. Being housebound really puts a damper on your ability to shop, but I feel kind of lucky because of my disability this week! Shhhhh-don't tell!

Have a beautiful day,
Amy

No comments:

Los Cabos

Los Cabos
Los Cabos