Saturday, January 10, 2009

Welcome twitter friends!

I'm expecting that some of you have ventured here from my link on twitter, and if so, Welcome!

I wanted to make sure that I was not being too secretive and dicey on twitter about the issues that I'm going through. None of this is a secret, but because some of what I have written in this blog is so personal to me and my experiences, I've only made the url known to a few good friends until now. That might change in the future depending on how brave I get, but let's see.

Today seems like it will be a good day. Mom and I are heading out to buy something for my sister-in-law in London whose birthday just passed. We will probably have lunch outside and grab a Hindi dvd for tonight.

Last night we went to our family friend's place - this is the family friend that was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. It really made me think about my own issues, as I need to be monitored for the development of lymphoma with the high doses of corticosteroids and chemotherapy agents I'm taking. Scary stuff. She starts chemo at the end of the month, and is understandably scared, but it seemed to help her a bit to see us.

Tomorrow is another family friend's birthday, so we will be going over there in the evening.
Other than that, I'm finally sleeping 8 hours a night (yay me!) and it seems to really be helping. I've had a bit of a setback in that my foot seems to be going numb again, but the doctors are aware of it and just want to wait it out two weeks to see if it persists.

So I guess tonight we will watch a movie. Other than that who knows, we are wild and crazy kind of people right now, woohoo! Sorry to be so boring, I promise to be a little more interesting once my energy level goes up. I started doing some Louise Hay affirmations last night, and I think that they really helped with the sleep quality and general outlook, believe it or not! I need to post a review of her book, it has been a life changer for me, so I just know that it can help someone else out. I'm planning to read every book now that she has written, and I know that there are a lot. She's a genius!

Anyway, that's all for now!
Amy

No comments:

Los Cabos

Los Cabos
Los Cabos